Tuesday, May 15, 2007

PIEDRAS I & II (Alissa Turtletaub)


I love the color of the red-rock sandstone found in high southwest (northern Arizona, Utah, etc.) and have used found pieces on sandstone in one of my mosaics. Alissa Turtletaub (Florida) just sent two photos of her work PIEDRAS I and II in which sandstone is the dominant material in them. Wow!!!

Piedras I (above) is made with sandstone from Colorado (hand-gathered), marble, transparent smalti, Orsoni smalti.

Piedras II

Piedras II includes sandstone from Sedona (hand-gathered), marble, Atlantic coral (hand-gathered), Bizazza's ecosmalti, Orsoni gold, colored gold, and regular smalti, and Mexican smalti


Another view of Piedras II - you can better see the depth of the stone in this one.

Larger photos of both mosaics are on Alissa's website in the Portfolio section - http://mosaicaartisana.com/

No comments: