Thursday, August 23, 2007

RAM: Random Acts of Mosaic

Julie Richey sent this photo of an impromptu mosaic created on the shores of Lake Michigan.

"We created this two weeks ago in Door County, WI on the shores of Lake Michigan. It took us two attempts. The first one I had to leave half-finished, and my attempts at public art puzzle cooperation were dashed when someone jumped on it. The second attempt, we finished in two hours and it lasted at least a whole day. I didn't have the heart to go back and check again I think we definitely need more RAM: Random Acts of Mosaic."

They have sandcastle competions - why not mosaic competitions. Perhaps we should find some rocky beaches throughout the country (world?) and organize a day of beach mosaics.

A few years ago when Michael & I were traveling in the Languedoc region of France we found this RAM in a dry riverbed near Minerve.

No comments: